The biosafety package for any biopharmaceutical product must include a comprehensive plan for the detection of adventitious and endogenous viral agents.
Charles River Biopharmaceutical Services (BPS) has a portfolio of in vivo, in vitro and biochemical assays to detect adventitious and endogenous viruses. Assays can be chosen and customized to address your specific concerns and needs, ensuring that an appropriate biosafety package is designed for your product.
In Vivo Assays
- Mouse antibody production (MAP) test
- Hamster antibody production (HAP) test
- Rat antibody production (RAP) test
- In vivo assays for the detection of adventitious viruses
Cell-Based In Vitro Assays
- Adventitious virus assay
- Porcine and bovine adventitious virus assay
- A range of assays addressing specific contamination risks is also available
- XC plaque assay
- S+L- focus assay
- Transmission electron microscopy (TEM)
- Co-cultivation assays (murine, ecotropic, amphotropic and rodent)
- PCR-based reverse transcriptase assay (PBRT)
- PCR/RT-PCR assays
Other Adventitious Virus Tests
BPS also has a portfolio of assays that utilize standard PCR and qPCR techniques to detect species-specific viruses, including human. If you require new methods to be developed specifically for your needs (such as new production cells from a novel species), we can work in close collaboration with you to meet those needs.
To check which of our BPS facilities offer virology testing services, click here. For additional information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.