As the first GLP-compliant and AAALAC-accredited photobiology facility, Charles River pioneered and continues to lead regulatory phototoxicology evaluation. In collaboration with our Research Models experts, Navigators, pathologists, and scientists, we provide a unique service evaluating the photosafety of drugs and chemicals. Our extensive scientific background and experience allows us to design and execute both standard and unique studies, then interpret the findings and put them in perspective and assess photosafety risk.
Services and Capabilities
- Multiple ultraviolet radiation and visible light sources
- US FDA 21 CFR-validated radiometry and spectroradiometry systems
- In vitro 3T3 NRU phototoxicity, both OECD 432-compliant and screening designs
- In vivo phototoxicity assessments in rodents & non-rodents
- Ocular phototoxicity, including systemic, topical and intravitreal administration routes
- Safety assessment of light sources
- Photoaging (prophylactic & therapeutic) assessments
- Chronic exposure designs to evaluate photocarcinogenesis and other effects
- Photoallergy studies, including photoactivated sensitizers
- Safety assessment of topical photodynamic drugs
- Biomarkers to assess the modification of UVR-induced skin responses
- Consulting services
Additional information about our photoxicity testing capabilities, including the webinar titled "Photosafety Testing: Current Methods and Regulatory Status," is available in The Source℠, our online scientific and educational information center. To register for The Source℠, please click here. If you are already a member, click here to log in.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 1.877.CRIVER.1 or email@example.com.