Whether your biomedical research is conducted in a commercial, academic or government setting, a highly trained staff is an integral component to its success. To help you develop and maintain that level of expertise, Charles River offers both didactic and hands-on instruction in actual and simulated research environments. Our dedicated 9,000-square-foot facility near Washington, D.C., emulates many common functional areas in animal research facilities and provides diverse technical, scientific and management courses supporting biomedical research.
Our capabilities and support services include:
- Training needs assessment/program overview
- New employee orientation/on-boarding
- Occupational health and safety (classroom and distance learning modules to meet OSHA compliance requirements)
- Basic skills competency (cage wash, animal care, veterinary/research technicians, supervisors)
- Advanced skills competency (biomethodology workshops, surgery/anesthesia, biocontainment, GLP-compliant research)
- Personal and professional development (leadership development, AALAS certification exam prep, soft skills development)
- Training documentation and recordkeeping (standardized forms and processes)
For a detailed list of our training programs and courses, please click here.
Charles River is committed to the humane care of the research animals produced and used in all of our activities, which is why many of our custom training programs include guidelines for ensuring animal welfare. To learn more about our commitment to animal welfare, visit the Humane Care Initiative section.