Our proprietary 7 Tesla MR system, optimized RF-coils and imaging protocols under full physiological monitoring of animals provide a high-throughput platform for the detection of structural, morphological and volumetric changes in a variety of CNS-related indications and transgenic models.
Proprietary 7 Tesla Agilent (Varian) Small Animal Scanner
- Horizontal, actively shielded
- 160 mm bore size
- Gradient strength 400 mT/m
- Optimized RF-coils
- 63 mm volume transmit (Rapid)
- Surface phased-arrays for receiving for rats and mice (Rapid)
- Quadrature surface transmit / receive for mice (Rapid)
- 63 mm quadrature transmit / receive volume coil (Varian)
- Double-tuned 1H/31P mouse surface coil for mice (Rapid)
Our MRI scientists have in-house capability in VnmrJ pulse sequence programming and development of data analysis software. MR image analyses are performed in MATLAB® environment and MR spectroscopic data with LCModel. Upon request, we are able to provide the MRI data in any format, including DICOM and NIFTI-1, for easy access and viewing.
- MouseOx® pulse oximeter for rats and mice (STARR lifesci.corp)
- Arterial oxygen saturation
- Pulse rate and pulse distention
- Breath rate and effort to breath
- Output analog data
- Ensure proper depth of anesthesia
- ECG/Respiration control and triggering (RAPID Biomed. GmbH)
- TC-1000 temperature control system (CWE Inc.)
For more information about our magnetic resonance system and software, please contact us at 1.877.CRIVER.1 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All experiments may be conducted under full physiological monitoring setup. In addition to above non-invasive probes, we are able to invasively measure blood gases and take plasma samples during the MR scanning.