With every drug discovery dollar being scrutinized more closely than ever, effective lead candidate screening continues to be an integral part of strategic drug development. Through Piedmont Research Center, Charles River offers fresh and cryopreserved mouse and rat hepatocytes for both suspension and plated applications to optimize your preclinical resources through early compound differentiation.
We provide large lot sizes that allow you to conduct multiple toxicity and metabolism experiments from the same donor pool. Each lot of cells is verified to be metabolically active by ECOD testing and is delivered with clear thawing and handling instructions and a statement of viability. These hepatocytes can be used in a wide range of in vitro applications including:
- Drug-drug interaction assays
- Drug transporter inhibition
- Metabolic profiling and stability
- Species-specific dosing
Our cryopreserved mouse hepatocytes are isolated from male CD-1 mice, and our cryopreserved rat hepatocytes are isolated from male Sprague Dawley® rats. All animals have been fully tested and housed in our AAALAC-accredited facility. Animal health reports are available upon request.
Click here to sign up for email notifications about new hepatocyte lots and updated product offerings.
For ease-of-use and reliability we offer fresh rat and mouse hepatocytes in suspension. These cells are isolated and shipped the same day.
In addition to our standard products, we offer custom isolations.
- Extensive list of murine strains (male and female)
- Hepatocytes from a client's knockout strain
- Isolation after in vivo dosing with a client's investigational agent
- Additional species available upon request
To order hepatocytes, select the appropriate option below. Links take you to the Piedmont Research Center website. Piedmont Research Center is a Charles River company.
New buyers, click here.
Existing buyers, log in here.
Varigenix™ Hepatocyte Panels
The Varigenix™ hepatocyte panels are a new tool set for the study of the biologic effects of genetic variation on metabolism. These panels express genetic variability comparable to human populations and are comprised of cryopreserved BXD mouse hepatocytes with ≥80% post-thaw viability at one million cells/vial. The panels are characterized for genotype and metabolic activity (ECOD).
Panel 1: Twenty-two male BXD mouse strains selected from the BXD Taylor series lines BXD1 to BXD42 and both the parental strains including C57BL/6J and DBA/2J.
Panel 2: Twenty-two female BXD mouse strains selected from the BXD Taylor series lines from BXD1 to BXD42 and both parental strains including C57BL/6J and DBA/2J.
Panel 3: Twenty-two male or Panel 4: female BXD mouse strains selected from the advanced BXD UTHSC series lines from BXD43 to BXD103 and both parental strains including C57BL/6J and DBA/2J.(Panels will be available based on market demand.)
The Varigenix™ hepatocyte panel enables evaluation of the effects of genetic variation on drug metabolism, drug effectiveness, drug toxicity, environmental toxin interactions, and other biomedical uses. Data sets derived from studies using these panels also have potential applicability to human populations.
- Varigenix™ hepatocyte panels are derived from the BXD family of mouse strains, the largest set of recombinant inbred mouse strains used for genetic analysis. All these strains are available for in vivo analysis and validation.
- The genomes of the BXD strains used in Varigenix™ hepatocyte panels are genotyped at thousands of SNP markers and microsatellites. This makes it possible to map the potential genetic basis of drug and toxin responses and liver toxicity.
- BXD strains are the most completely phenotyped family of mouse strains. This includes gene expression data for multiple liver specimens which can be openly accessed at www.genenetwork.org.