To assist in the identification of potential toxicities associated with agents, Charles River offers multiparameter diagnostic hematology analysis. Because our analyzer uses specialized veterinary software for multi-angle scatter separation (MAPPSTM) technology, we provide more accurate results than labs using cell staining or instruments calibrated to human blood parameters.
Some of the measurable hematological parameters include:
- White blood cell counts
- Neutrophil, lymphocyte, eosinophil and basophil absolute counts and percentages
- Hemoglobin and hematocrit analysis
- Platelet counts
Hematological analysis can be performed on samples as small as 0.25 mL. Uses for this data include:
- Screening for lead identification
- Identification of bone marrow and other hematological toxicities
- Comparison and screening of related compounds
- Determination of hematological recovery times
- Examination of alternate dosing schedules
- Analysis of chemoprotectant activities
- Planning for future toxicology studies
All analyses are calibrated and performed to rigorous quality control standards.
For more information about our hematology analysis capabilities, please contact us at 1.877.CRIVER.1 or email@example.com.