Through our partnership with Direct Services, Inc., we offer complimentary pickup and delivery of samples and animals from client facilities located in Massachusetts to our site in Wilmington, Massachusetts. All pickups must be requested or cancelled by 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time at least one business day prior to the pickup date. Please complete our online form to request a new pickup or change/cancel an existing pickup. If you have any questions, please contact us at LabSer[email protected].
When requesting a pickup:
- Please note the pickup schedule varies by location:
- Greater Boston area and Middlesex county: Monday through Thursday
- Worcester area: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday
- Amherst area: Thursday only
- Live animal submissions must be scheduled prior to requesting pickup; request a live animal submission date by emailing [email protected] or creating an order in LTM™.
When preparing the samples/animals for pickup:
- Affix the Direct Services shipping label (the attached PDF in the Direct Services email confirmation) on the outside of each box/crate so it is visible to the driver.
- Include a completed submission form in the box:
- All shipments should be available at the designated pickup location by 9:00 a.m.; samples/animals will be picked up between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- If a shipment is not ready, the driver will wait 10 minutes before the pickup will be cancelled. Prior to departure, a telephone call will be placed to the contact number listed on the CRL-Ref confirmation. If allowed by your organization, you may drop off samples to the Charles River security office.
When cancelling a pickup:
- Cancellations on the same day as the pickup may result in a pickup charge to your institution.
- Cancelled pickups will not be automatically rescheduled; complete our form to request a new pickup date.