There are a number of independent nonprofit organizations and foundations dedicated to the development and support of best practices in animal research. They provide trusted educational resources and outreach programs not only to researchers and scientists but also to the general public. Explore some of the animal welfare organizations and associations that Charles River works with.
- AAALAC International, AAALAC International promotes the responsible treatment of animals in science through a voluntary accreditation program.
- ACLAM, the American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine, is a specialty board recognized by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) as the certifying organization for laboratory animal medicine, a recognized specialty within the veterinary medical profession.
- NC3Rs, the National Centre for the Replacement, Refinement and Reduction of Animals in Research, is a UK-based scientific organisation dedicated to replacing, refining and reducing the use of animals in research and testing.
- ECLAM, the European College of Laboratory Animal Medicine, is a veterinary speciality organisation established within Europe for the speciality of laboratory animal medicine and is overseen by the European Board of Veterinary Specialisation (EBVS)
- ESLAV, the European Society of Laboratory Animal Veterinarians, gives veterinarians a forum to discuss issues which concern them in the field of laboratory animal science, in general and in Europe specifically.
- FELASA, the Federation of Laboratory Animal Science Associations, represents common interests in the furtherance of all aspects of laboratory animal science in Europe and beyond.
- SUBR, States United for Biomedical Research, is the network of nonprofit associations who have joined forces to promote health through science and education. SUBR is committed to building collaborative networks of organizations, institutions, businesses and individuals to promote public understanding of and support for biomedical research, including the humane care and use of research animals.
- NA3RsC, The North American 3Rs Collaborative’s mission is to advance the science of the 3Rs – replacing, reducing, and refining the use of animals in research through raising awareness of current 3Rs technologies and approaches, fostering networks and collaborations focused on the 3Rs, and acting as a clearinghouse for information on the 3Rs.