Dr. Farrance received a Ph.D. in Cellular and Molecular Biology from the University of Pennsylvania, a B.S. in Biochemistry from Cornell University, and has more than 25 years’ experience conducting both applied and basic research using molecular, microbial, and biochemical techniques. Her work has included developing plant-based production systems for recombinant vaccines, monoclonal antibodies, and protein therapeutics, and research in the food safety industry. Currently, as Senior Director of Scientific Affairs at Charles River Laboratories, she provides scientific recommendations to aid in developing strategic directions and leads the expansion of scientific capability and knowledge across Microbial Solutions.
- Test Your Knowledge of Evolutionary Theory (Eureka Blog)
- Nailing Down the Microbes (Eureka Blog)
- Grading the Germ Tests: An Update (Eureka Blog)
- Grading the Germ Tests (Eureka Blog)
- Accurate ID of Microbes is Key to Environmental Monitoring (Eureka Blog)