Senior principal scientific advisor Jos Mertens is a board-certified toxicologist with more than 22 years of CRO-experience in nonclinical development of small and large molecules by pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical industries. He primarily advises clients and internal stakeholders on nonclinical program and study designs for biopharmaceuticals and small molecules under development for a wide variety of therapeutic areas.
- Four years of postdoctoral experience at the Division of Pharmacology and Toxicology of the College of Pharmacy at the University of Texas at Austin
- More than 20 years as nonclinical CRO toxicologist and study director for nonclinical studies
- Focus on IND and post-IND phases for human and veterinary pharmaceuticals and mode of action and data registration packages for agrochemicals
- Certified in General Toxicology by the American Board of Toxicology
- Ad-hoc reviewer for peer-reviewed journals
- Member of Society of Toxicology (Biotechnology, Carcinogenesis, and Immunotoxicology Specialty Sections)
- Member of the American College of Toxicology, including service on the organization’s council and Award, Membership and Program committees