Louise Brackenbury received her PhD in viral immunology from UCL, prior to two post-doctoral fellowships at Imperial College and Bristol University. Louise joined KWS BioTest in 2012, then Charles River in 2018 following the acquisition of KWS BioTest where she leads the Cell biology team as a Principal Scientist. With expertise in immunology and cell biology, she has used this to develop a wide range of autoimmunity and IO assays for in vitro testing and has overseen drug discovery programmes for multiple clients, primarily in pre-clinical testing.
- Xie Q, Brackenbury LS, Hill DJ, Williams NA, Qu X, Virji M. Moraxella catarrhalis adhesin UspA1-derived recombinant fragment rD-7 induces monocyte differentiation to CD14+CD206+ phenotype. PLoS One. 2014 Mar 5;9(3).
- Vaughan AT, Brackenbury LS, Massari P, Davenport V, Gorringe A, Heyderman RS, Williams NA. Neisseria lactamica selectively induces mitogenic proliferation of the naive B cell pool via cell surface Ig. J Immunol. 2010 Sep 15;185(6):3652-60.
- Knapp S, Warshow U, Hegazy D, Brackenbury L, Guha IN, Fowell A, Little AM, Alexander GJ, Rosenberg WM, Cramp ME, Khakoo SI. Consistent beneficial effects of killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptor 2DL3 and group 1 human leukocyte antigen-C following exposure to hepatitis C virus. Hepatology. 2010 Apr;51(4):1168-75.
- Houston EF, Taracha EL, Brackenbury L, MacHugh ND, McKeever DJ, Charleston B, Morrison WI. Infection of cattle with Theileria parva induces an early CD8 T cell response lacking appropriate effector function. Int J Parasitol. 2008 Dec;38(14):1693-704.
- Lefevre EA, Hein WR, Stamataki Z, Brackenbury LS, Supple EA, Hunt LG, Monaghan P, Borhis G, Richard Y, Charleston B. J. Fibrinogen is localized on dark zone follicular dendritic cells in vivo and enhances the proliferation and survival of a centroblastic cell line in vitro. Leukoc Biol. 2007 Sep;82(3):666-77.
- Brackenbury LS, Carr BV, Stamataki Z, Prentice H, Lefevre EA, Howard CJ, Charleston B. Identification of a cell population that produces alpha/beta interferon in vitro and in vivo in response to noncytopathic bovine viral diarrhea virus. J Virol. 2005 Jun;79(12):7738-44.
- Brackenbury LS, Carr BV, Charleston B. Aspects of the innate and adaptive immune responses to acute infections with BVDV. Vet Microbiol. 2003 Nov 7;96(4):337-44.
- Glew EJ, Carr BV, Brackenbury LS, Hope JC, Charleston B, Howard CJ. Differential effects of bovine viral diarrhoea virus on monocytes and dendritic cells J Gen Virol. 2003 Jul;84(Pt 7):1771-80.
- Charleston B, Brackenbury LS, Carr BV, Fray MD, Hope JC, Howard CJ, Morrison WI. Alpha/beta and gamma interferons are induced by infection with noncytopathic bovine viral diarrhea virus in vivo. J Virol. 2002 Jan;76(2):923-7.