Michael Templin is a senior principal scientific advisor for both biotechnology and pharmaceutical drug development with expertise in the realms of toxicology, pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics.
Specializing in numerous therapeutic areas including cancer, inflammation, cardiovascular, metabolic, and viral diseases, he has a proven track record for transitioning drug candidates from research into development. Mike uses his diverse scientific knowledge to guide clients’ nonclinical development programs and to advise on ways to strengthen and/or accelerate their nonclinical programs.
- More than 15 years in biotechnology and pharma and 5+ years in nonclinical CRO
- Lead/team member in nonclinical and early clinical programs for companies ranging from start-up biotechnology to mid-sized pharmaceutical companies
- Portfolio surveillance and in-licensing/out-licensing of candidates and therapeutic programs
- Development of oligonucleotides (antisense, siRNA, miRNA, mRNA), biologics (mAbs, ADCs, bi-specifics, etc.), proteins/peptides, and small molecules
- Interaction with regulatory authorities and government agencies, presentations at scientific meetings
- Member of the Society of Toxicology and the American College of Toxicology and a Diplomate of the American Board of Toxicology
- Course instructor at universities, CE programs, and drug development courses