Rhiannon Jenkinson is a Principal Scientist for Cell Biology at Charles River Laboratories. She has over three years of experience working at Charles River Portishead, leading and designing projects for clients in the fields of autoimmunity, inflammation and oncology. This builds on her academic experience within the immunology and oncology fields; her previous positions have included a Wellcome Trust Career Re-entry Fellowship, focusing on the role of T cells in epithelial repair in the gut and skin, a six year fellowship at the NIH, NCI where her research focused on T cell development and tumour immunology, a post-doctoral position at the University of Bristol, studying T cell responses to tumours and PhD studying a gene which drives breast cancer metastasis.
- Classical and Alternative Activation and Metalloproteinase Expression Occurs in Foam Cell Macrophages in Male and Female ApoE Null Mice in the Absence of T and B Lymphocytes. Hayes EM, Tsaousi A, Di Gregoli K, Jenkinson SR, Bond AR, Johnson JL, Bevan L, Thomas AC, Newby AC. Front Immunol. 2014 Oct 28;5:537.
- Thymic medullary epithelium and thymocyte self-tolerance require cooperation between CD28-CD80/86 and CD40-CD40L costimulatory pathways. Williams JA, Zhang J, Jeon H, Nitta T, Ohigashi I, Klug D, Kruhlak MJ, Choudhury B, Sharrow SO, Granger L, Adams A, Eckhaus MA, Jenkinson SR, Richie ER, Gress RE, Takahama Y, Hodes RJ. J Immunol. 2014 Jan 15;192(2):630-40.
- TRAF3 enforces the requirement for T cell cross-talk in thymic medullary epithelial development. Jenkinson SR, Williams JA, Jeon H, Zhang J, Nitta T, Ohigashi I, Kruhlak M, Zuklys S, Sharrow S, Adams A, Granger L, Choi Y, Siebenlist U, Bishop GA, Hollander GA, Takahama Y, Hodes RJ. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013 Dec 24;110(52):21107-12.
- Loss of CTL function among high-avidity tumor-specific CD8+ T cells following tumor infiltration. Janicki CN, Jenkinson SR, Williams NA, Morgan DJ. Cancer Res. 2008 Apr 15;68(8):2993-3000.
- Expression of the transcription factor cKrox in peripheral CD8 T cells reveals substantial postthymic plasticity in CD4-CD8 lineage differentiation. Jenkinson SR, Intlekofer AM, Sun G, Feigenbaum L, Reiner SL, Bosselut R. J Exp Med. 2007 Feb 19;204(2):267-72.
- The zinc finger protein cKrox directs CD4 lineage differentiation during intrathymic T cell positive selection. Sun G, Liu X, Mercado P, Jenkinson SR, Kypriotou M, Feigenbaum L, Galéra P, Bosselut R. Nat Immunol. 2005 Apr;6(4):373-81.
- The role of intercellular adhesion molecule-1/LFA-1 interactions in the generation of tumor-specific CD8+ T cell responses. Jenkinson SR, Williams NA, Morgan DJ. J Immunol. 2005 Mar 15;174(6):3401-7. S100A4 regulates cell motility and invasion in an in vitro model for breast cancer metastasis. Jenkinson SR, Barraclough R, West CR, Rudland PS. Br J Cancer. 2004 Jan 12;90(1):253-62.