By using the website, you agree to the terms and conditions set forth herein. Furthermore, you acknowledge and agree that the documents and articles contained on the website are the property of Charles River and may contain copyrighted materials, proprietary trademarks and trade names of Charles River. Permission is granted to download, electronically copy, and print in hard copy, for informational purposes only. Any other use of the website or its Content, without the express written permission of Charles River Laboratories, Inc., is strictly prohibited. Commercial enterprises seeking to do business with Charles River should not submit unsolicited confidential or proprietary information to Charles River’s website. Charles River reserves the right to use or disclose unsolicited information for any purpose. Charles River makes no representations about the content and suitability of the information in the website for any purpose.
The articles, information and works provided in the website are provided "AS IS", WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, WHETHER CONTRACTUAL OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR OTHERWISE. Charles River assumes no liability for the use or interpretation of information contained herein. Decisions based on such information are the responsibility of the data subject. Charles River is not liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use, or the inability to use, the material on the website. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, do not use the website.
These rules describe the acceptable practices of use of Charles River Laboratories, Inc. Live Chat services. Use of our Live Chat services is free, but we expect you to observe the following terms and conditions. Please read them carefully. If you use our Live Chat, you are agreeing to adhere to these terms and conditions.
Note: English is the primary language of our Live Chat. A translation tool is used for other languages. We bear no responsibility for any mistranslation that may occur from its use.
The following terms and conditions apply each and every time you use our Live Chat.
1. Any user name and/or password shall only be used by you; keep them safe. If a posting is made using your name and password, it will be considered to have been posted by you.
2. You will not post any message that is either:
a. Unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, sexually explicit, profane, vulgar, pornographic.
b. Our Live Chat is not to be used for the following:
i. Personal attacks on others, disparaging remarks about any person or entity.
ii. Interference with anyone else’s use and enjoyment of our Live Chat or our Web Site.
iii. Encourage, incite, solicit, promote or provide information about illegal or criminal activities.
iv. Abuse, threaten, promote, or instigate physical harm or death to others or yourself.
v. Victimize, harass, degrade or intimidate an individual or group of individuals.
vi. Infringe any patent, trademark, copyright, right of publicity or other intellectual property right.
vii. Impersonate any person or entity.
viii. Disrupt normal flow of dialogue.
ix. Non-related comments to the topic discussion.
x. Discussion in any manner deemed inappropriate by us.
3. You shall only publish content that is your original work.
4. You shall not post, link to or otherwise publish any content containing any form of advertising or promotion for goods and services or any spam or other form of unsolicited communication.
5. You shall not post or transmit any content that contains software viruses, files or code designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of our website or any computer software or equipment.
6. You shall not post information that you know to be confidential or sensitive. You shall only post public information. If you have any doubts, do not post it on our site.
7. You shall not collect or store other users’ personal data.
8. You shall not restrict or inhibit any other user from using our Live Chat or our website.
9. You shall at all times keep your messages relevant and “on topic.”
10. You shall never attempt to gain unauthorized access to any area of our website. This is hacking and it is illegal.
11. You shall not create multiple identities; this is strictly prohibited. Any user found to have multiple identities will be removed from our website permanently. If you have difficulty accessing or using our website, please contact us.
12. All messages are recorded and kept, including your originating IP address. This information may have to be disclosed to any regulatory authority, third party, and law enforcement agency and they shall be able to trace your activity to a specific machine.
13. If we receive notice that any posting or your intended use of our Live Chat or our website is not in keeping with these terms, we will remove the posting, any other related postings and/or disable your access, permanently or temporarily at our discretion, and take all such steps as may be necessary to protect us and our representatives.