Validated Neurological Disease Models
We understand the challenges and complexities in the search of potential therapies for neurological disorders. The combination of our comprehensive neuroscience drug discovery services and expertise supports the creation of customizable, innovative and efficient solutions for your research. Our team of neuroscientists continues to establish the most relevant in vitro and in vivo models of acute and chronic neurological diseases to help our partners identify and test new compounds in this challenging field.
Animal models for neurological diseases are critical to understand the progression of neurological disease. In several instances, in vitro models are not ideal to test compound efficacy due to the lack of translatable endpoints. In vivo models are more relevant as they provide a complete interactive physiology to understand the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of a candidate.
Our portfolio of neurological disease animal models available for drug discovery studies includes:
Neurodegenerative Disease Models
- Alzheimer’s disease – Tg2576 mice, CVN mice, scopolamine-induced amnesia model, and aged rats and mice
- Parkinson’s disease – 6-OHDA lesion model and MPTP model
Psychiatric Disease Models
- Autism spectrum disorder model (BTBR T+tf/J)
- Schizophrenia model (PCP-induced deficiency)
- Depression models (chronic social defeat)
- Anxiety models
Brain Injury Models