Parc Cientific de Barcelona
Tuesday, November 23, 2021 | 9h00 – 12h00
This virtual event will be held on Microsoft Teams.
A few days after registering, you'll receive an Outlook Calendar invitation.
9h00 – 10h00 Selecting Immunodeficient Mice For Oncology & Immuno-Oncology Research
Immunodeficient mice are powerful tools for modelling cancer, but how does one go about choosing the most appropriate model for a specific study purpose? During our presentation we will review and highlight the key considerations including:
- Selecting the most appropriate model and levels of immunodeficiency
- Benefits and limitations of nude, SCID, and Rag-null mice
- Applications and innovations using the versatile NOD scid gamma (NSG®) strain
- Generating mouse models with a "humanised" immune system
Presenter: Emmanuelle Campigna, PhD, Regional Manager Business Development, Spain & Portugal, Charles River
10h00 – 11h00 Biosecurity, Reproducibility, and "True Cost" – Determining Where to Acquire Animal Models
The global pandemic and its resulting implications have meant that research institutions around the globe have been re-evaluating how to best manage research animal colonies. For both researchers and facility teams, two common questions have arisen – when does it make sense to breed models in-house, and when is the best time to obtain them from a qualified vendor?
Join us as we cover the main considerations to aid your decision, including:
- Biosecurity and animal welfare
- The impact of breeding errors and genetic integrity
- Arriving at a complete "true cost" analysis
Presenter: Jean Cozzi, PhD, Innovation Manager, Genetically Engineered Models and Services Europe, Charles River
11h00 – 12h00 Roundtable (optional)
Do you have questions? Would you like to discuss your project? Come and speak with our scientific experts.
Business Development Manager, Charles River
P: 0034 935 943 656