RESAL - Lemanic Animal Facility Network
Friday, December 10, 2021 | 09h00 – 12h00
This virtual event will be held on Microsoft Teams.
A few days after registering, you’ll receive an Outlook Calendar invitation to join the presentation.
9h00 Scientific Reproducibility, Biosecurity And The 3rs – Determining How To Acquire Animal Models
The COVID-19 pandemic and its resulting implications have made research institutions think about how to best manage their animal colonies. For both researchers and facility teams, two common questions have arisen – when does it make sense to breed models in-house, and when is it best to obtain them from a qualified vendor? Find out the answers to these questions in this seminar, where you’ll learn about:
- Reproducibility, breeding, and genetic integrity
- Best practices for biosecurity and animal health
- Generating the right number of animals and the 3Rs
- Opportunity costs and the best utilization of resources
- Submitting publications and the ARRIVE Guidelines 2.0
10h30 To CRISPR or Not to CRISPR, That Is the Question: IP, Technical Issues & the 3Rs
The use of CRISPR/Cas9* genome editing for the creation of unique rodent models of human disease has revolutionized the field - but every revolution raises challenging issues. View our presentation as we review the latest considerations for the technology as it applies to in vivo research and answer key questions including:
- CRISPR/Cas9 IP/license constraints: how does it impact your project?
- Is it compatible with the goals of the 3Rs?
- Does CRISPR allow for the generation of relevant models?
Jean Cozzi, PhD
Innovation Manager, Genetically Engineered Models and Services Europe
Business Development Manager
P: + 33 6 77 67 03 38