Biomarkers UK is Europe’s flagship event for Biomarker research. This event provides a platform for forward-looking insights into the latest trends and tools impacting biomarker research. It brings together leading experts from global pharmaceutical organizations, innovative biotech companies and internationally renowned academic institutions working across multiple therapeutic areas and stages of drug development.
Charles River has made the decision to attend the Oxford Biomarkers conference virtually and are eager to connect with you. Please schedule a virtual meeting with us, and we will get in touch with you to set up a convenient time.
Monday, November 8, 9:45 – 10:15 AM EST
Translating Pharmacodynamic Immune Biomarkers to Clinic | Russell Garland, PhD, Principal Scientist, Analytical Services, Discovery
- Value proposition: PD biomarkers demonstrate target engagement (proof of mechanism) and have a positive impact on project success.
- Charles River’s PD biomarker strategy: citing LPS-induced inflammation as an example.
- Biomarker identification: determine potential PD biomarkers of inflammation using gene expression profile (NanoString nCounter system).
- Biomarker selection and confirmation: focus on promising biomarkers at the mRNA and protein level (qPCR and Luminex multiplex analysis).
- In vivo pharmacology model: analysis of selected biomarkers in in vivo pharmacology model of LPS peritonitis.
- Translating biomarker assay to clinic: assay validation of whole blood ex vivo activation assay to GCLP standards.
- Other case studies.