Selecting the C57BL/6 inbred mouse (B6) substrain that best supports your research can be challenging. The genetic and phenotypic differences of the many available B6 substrains directly impact the interpretation and reproducibility of research results.
During this webinar, we will discuss considerations for choosing and using the most appropriate B6 substrain for your research needs. Join us to learn about:
- A brief historical perspective on the development of B6 inbred mice and different substrains
- Recent publications highlighting significant physiological and behavioral differences among different B6 substrains
- The importance of control selection and experimental design
- Advice for avoiding common B6 research mistakes
- Sarah Edie, PhD, Technical Information Scientist, The Jackson Laboratory