General Toxicology Studies
Charles River performs general toxicology studies for the safety evaluation of pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, veterinary, chemical, agrochemical and consumer products. Our wealth of knowledge allows us to advise and conduct standard and novel toxicology study designs, as well as deal with unexpected findings or toxicity issues during the course of a program.
Our carcinogenicity toxicology studies in rodents and toxicity studies in both rodent and nonrodent species (including the minipig) are performed in full compliance with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) regulations. In addition, we provide rasH2 model as an alternative to the full carcinogenicity protocol.
All protocols are designed to meet the regulatory requirements of the various countries in which the products are to enter clinical trials or be marketed.
Routes of Administration
- Intravaginal and intrapenile
- Oral (gavage, diet and capsule)
- Parenteral (intravenous, subcutaneous, intradermal, intramuscular and intraperitoneal)
- Analytical chemistry for dose formulation analysis
- Bioanalytical chemistry sample assays for drug concentration
- Pathology services
- Scientific and strategic consulting
- Specialized statistical analyses
- Toxicokinetics and pharmacokinetics