The SMT format employs a single mouse per PDX model and treatment arm, thereby enabling a cost-effective investigation of in vivo efficacy in large panels of PDX models. The SMT format reliably identifies compounds that are strongly active (or inactive) across a panel of tumor models, and can be used to investigate the most promising candidate compounds, new indications or optimal drug combinations.
Possible applications include:
- Identification of a large number of compounds in diverse tumor populations
- Efficient and reliable identification of treatments with broad anti-tumor activity
- Identification of resistance mechanisms
- Strategic exploration of new drug combinations
- Comprehensive exploration of one histotype
- Screening of a particular molecular characteristic
- Expansion of clinical indications by exploring other tumor types
- Generation of data for biomarker analysis and identification
For answers to your specific study questions, please contact us.