C57BL/6 Mouse Details
Developed by C.C. Little in 1921, from a mating of Miss Abby Lathrop’s stock that also gave rise to strains C57BR and C57L. Strains 6 and 10 separated about 1937. To The Jackson Laboratory in 1948 from Hall. To NIH in 1951 from The Jackson Laboratory at F32. To Charles River in 1974 from NIH.
Note: We also offer the C57BL/6-Germ-Free Mouse (bred in US), C57BL/6-Elite Mouse with a VAF/Elite® health profile (bred in US), and the C57BL/6-SOPF Mouse with a SOPF health profile (bred in France).
- The Role of the C57BL/6N Mouse in the Creation of Future Genetically Engineered Models White Paper
- Reducing Aggression in Mice Technical Sheet
- Phenotype and genotype comparison for C57BL/6N substrains contributing to the International Mouse Phenotyping Consortium (IMPC)
- C57BL/6 Mouse Model Information Sheet
- Inbred Mice Datasheet
- Biochemistry and Hematology for C57BL/6NCrl Mouse Colonies in North American for January 2008 – December 2012
- Weight of Male C57BL/6NCrl Mice Fed High Fat Diet D12492
- Fasting Blood Glucose Levels in Male C57BL/6NCrl Mice Fed High Fat Diet D12492
- Diet-Induced Obesity: Research Diets – D12451 or D12492
Informational Resources: C57BL/6 Mouse
Diet Information for Enhancing or Expressing a Desired Disease Condition: