SCID Hairless Outbred (SHO®) Mouse Details
The hairless SCID mouse was produced by Charles River Research Models in 2007 by intercrossing the Crl:HA-Prkdcscid and Crl:SKH1-Hrhr stocks. The resulting animals are homozyogous for the Prkdcscid and the Hrhr mutations and thus exhibit the severe combined immunodeficiency phenotype characteristic of SCID mice and are also hairless.
Note: See our isolator page for available immunocompromised animal housing units.
- Health Monitoring of Immunodeficient Rodents in Isolators in North America and Europe
- Immunodeficient Mice and Rats
- SHO® Mouse: A Double-Homozygous SCID Hairless Outbred Model
- Characterization of a New Hairless SCID Mouse
- Trace Antibody Production by scid Mice
Informational Resources: SHO® Mouse