Scientific Staff Recruitment Solutions
Due to the dynamic nature of the drug development process, you may often need additional scientific staffing for some projects. We can help streamline your program by delivering operational and cost-effective solutions through scientific recruitment programs. Our customized options allow you to maintain as much or as little control over your in-house resources, assets, and facilities that you consider strategic and cost efficient.
Why Use Insourcing Solutions®?
- Full-time and temporary scientific staffing with thorough background checks and review of animal rights connections
- Reduce variable costs by up to 20%
- Access to the entire Charles River portfolio
- The ability to scale up or down depending on pipeline needs
- Maintain as little or as much control as desired (control of key scientific research facilities, assets, and studies performed in-house)
- Broadened scope of in vivo and laboratory services: GLP and non-GLP support from discovery through safety assessment
- Strong commitment to animal welfare and the 3Rs: All newly hired scientific staff are trained on the latest programs pertaining to animal welfare
Scientific positions we can staff for academia, government, and commercial roles include, but are not limited to:
- Administrative professionals
- Animal technicians and caretakers
- Aquatic specialists
- Board-certified veterinarians
- Cagewash and animal husbandry personnel
- Managers (project, laboratory, animal facility, etc.)
- Scientists (MS to PhD level)
- Team leaders and supervisors
- Transgenic technicians
- QA and QC specialists
Additional Support Services
- Assistance in the preparation and review of SOPs, program protocols, and other critical documentation
- Preparing facilities and programs for AAALAC accreditation
- Quality assurance audits to ensure compliance with relevant internal, regulatory, and industry standards
- Biosecurity audits and evaluation reports
- Efficiency learning
- Assistance with Lean Six Sigma
Frequently Asked Questions About Scientific Staffing
Does Charles River do scientific staffing for academia?
Academic institutions often require additional support for their existing laboratory animal resources (LAR) program. Since research and technology is always evolving, the needs of each investigator should as well. Insourcing Solutions® offers a customizable workplace solution that allows you fill the gaps and meet the current needs of your facility. We have helped academic institutions achieve their goals through our staging, training, and educational programs, as demonstrated in this case study.
Does Charles River do scientific staffing for commercial organizations?
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies seeking to improve efficiency and reduce costs are increasingly incorporating strategic sourcing initiatives into their programs. Insourcing Solutions® provides infrastructure, scientific staffing, and training support throughout the entire drug discovery and development process across a wide array of industries, as described in the following case studies:
Does Charles River do scientific staffing for government positions?
Charles River's extensive experience and long-standing association with the US National Institutes of Health (NIH) and various Institutes and Centers (ICs) around the world allows us to provide prompt, efficient, and high-quality scientific staffing in the form of veterinary, technical, animal care, and administrative professionals.
Insourcing Solutions® currently has US Government contracts with the following agencies:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- National Institutes of Health LARC IV Global Contract
- National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) Aquatic Care and Research Support LARC 0001
- NICHD Laboratory Animal Research LARC 0004
- Laboratory Support Services for the Division of Veterinary Resources LARC 0009
- NICHD Animal Care and Research Support LARC 0023
- Leidos Biomed (Subcontract for NCI Frederick Repository)
- Leidos Innovations (NASA)
- National Institute on Aging (NIA)
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) Animal Care
- NIAID IRF/Battelle
- NIAID/Morgan Island
Do Insourcing Solutions®clients have access to Charles River's portfolio ?
Our comprehensive portfolio of discovery, safety assessment, and research models and services allows us to help our clients research, discover, and develop new therapies. We are committed to providing clients with high-quality research animal models, customized genetically engineered models and services, extensive diagnostic services, and more.
What scientific staffing roles does Insourcing Solutions® provide?
Insourcing Solutions® can fill long-term and temporary vacancies. Our scientific recruitment background checks include a thorough review of animal rights connections. Some positions include, but are not limited to administrative, animal technicians, board-certified veterinarians, scientists, and animal husbandry personnel. Learn more through our testimonials.
Is Insourcing Solutions® available in Europe?
Charles River Laboratories Switzerland, c/o Eversheds Sutherland AG, Stadelhoferstrasse 22, 8001 Zürich, offers Insourcing Solutions services in Switzerland. Dr. Leonz Meyer is the responsible person for all staffing activities in Switzerland. He can be reached at [email protected].