Screening of Research Biologics of Rodent or Human Origin
Research biologics of rodent or human origin are often introduced into research animals as part of an investigative procedure. Precautionary screening should be performed to confirm that biologics are free of infectious agents and are originating from the appropriate host species.
Rodent and Human Infectious Agents
- Available Rodent Infectious Agent Panels
- Available Human Infectious Agent Panels
- Customized panels available upon request
CLEAR for Interspecies Contamination
- Check the identity of your cell lines with Cell Line Examination and Report (CLEAR) PCR Panel.
- Detect interspecies contamination of less than 0.5%. Cells that can be differentiated include those originating from mouse, rat, Chinese hamster, Golden Syrian hamster, human and nonhuman primate (NHP) species.
- Assays run using TaqMan® PCR technology
- Rodent panels are performed on the OpenArray® platform
- All testing performed non-GLP for research purposes only
Commonly Screened Biologics
- Cell lines – primary and continuous
- Cell line products, such as basement membrane matrix proteins
- Feeder cells (e.g., splenocytes, thymocytes)
- Purified antibodies