Get Started With LTM™
Our Laboratory Testing Management® (LTM™) platform offers customers an easy-to-use solution to generate submission forms, submit samples for diagnostic testing, and analyze results by bringing all elements of their diagnostics testing program together in one virtual location. With a complete intuitive supply recommendations and collection supplies feature, LTM™ also provides an easy-to-use online shipping solution for your lab animal diagnostic and genetic testing needs.
See FAQs for more details
- Complimentary shipping*
- Intuitive shipping – Based on the sample types you are sending, LTM™ suggests the number of packages based on the sample shipping temperature and destination location.
- Consistent supply – If you have a recurring testing schedule, you may schedule delivery of sample collection and shipping supplies to have available when you need them.
*Available in continental US and Canada only.
Account Set Up
- Is this your first time submitting samples? Complete our customer information form and the account will be assigned a unique LTM™ Customer ID.
- The person submitting samples or receiving results should register for access to LTM™; please reference your customer ID (either provided after account setup or it can be found on the top corner of your results report).
- Familiarize yourself with LTM™ by reviewing our how-to videos and user guides.
Sample and Submission Tracking
- Log in to LTM™ to request free sample collection/shipping supplies at least one week prior to sample collection.
- Sign in to create your order/submission form and print sample labels by logging into LTM™.
- Need help? Explore our collection of how-to videos and user guides or contact [email protected].
- Print your free shipping label using LTM™ Ship (U.S. shipments only; live animal shipments excluded)
- Pack samples for shipment and include a paper copy of the submission form.
- Drop off samples with your preferred carrier for shipment to the testing laboratory (address is shown on the submission form).
- Track shipment/sample progress in LTM™.
- Requesting User Access (4 minutes)
- Logging In and Setting Security Questions (2 minutes)
- Searching the Catalog (6 minutes)
- Scheduling an Order (6 minutes)
- Printing Reports and Labels (3 minutes)
- Searching on the Orders Page (4 minutes)
- Using the Analytics Page (3 minutes)
- Printing Health Summaries (2 minutes)
- Requesting User Access
- Logging in and Setting Security Questions
- Searching in the Catalog
- Scheduling an Order
- Uploading Sample Information
- Printing Reports and Labels
- Searching on the Orders Page
- Using the Analytics Page
- Printing Health Summaries
- Requesting Sample Collection and Shipping Supplies
Our animal diagnostic laboratory delivers sensitive and specific testing to screen your animal facility, research biologics, and different species of animal models. Explore our comprehensive portfolio of solutions available to preserve the integrity of your study animals and research.
Frequently Asked Questions About Laboratory Testing Management® (LTM™)
Why should I use LTM™? How do I get started?
LTM™ is designed as an easy-to-use platform for streamlining your sample submission, results reporting, and tracking processes. We've created a series of how-to videos to help you get started. Once you're ready, visit our catalog of available services and find the one(s) you're looking for. Once you begin to create an order, you'll be required to apply for an account.
What is my LTM™ username?
Your username is the email address associated with your account. You can customize your account password when setting up your account.
I am not a native English speaker. Is LTM™ available in other languages?
LTM™ is available in German, English, French, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, and Spanish. On any screen in LTM™, you can instantly change the language by clicking "Language" in the upper right corner and selecting from the dropdown box.
Why can't I just send them whenever I want?
At Charles River, animal welfare is our top priority. We require advance scheduling because it allows us to be prepared and process animals the same day they are received. Additionally, if your animals have not arrived when we expect them, we will contact you to ensure the shipment was sent and help investigate any shipping delay. If you are experiencing an emergency (e.g., sickness, moribundity) in your animal colonies, please contact us immediately as all diagnostic cases take priority and are scheduled immediately.
What do I need to do to prepare for a shipment?
To help you submit animals or samples for testing, consult our Animal Safety Checklist.
Why does a printout of my order need to be included in the shipping box?
A paper copy submission form included in the shipping box allows us to confirm that the samples are from you. We also check for discrepancies between the number of animals and the species noted on the form and the animals received.
Can I send samples any day of the week?
We can receive samples any day of the week. They will be stored at the appropriate temperature (based on your labeling on the outside of the shipping box). At the start of the following business day, the laboratory will begin processing your samples.
How do I know which sample(s) to submit for a particular test and how to send them?
In the LTM™ catalog, simply search for the test you want, click on its name, and select the "Sample Submission" tab on the pop-up box. You will also find instructions for sample collection, storage, and shipping.
How should I label my sample tubes?
Be sure to label your samples on the actual vials rather than the caps, as caps can sometimes separate from the vials in transit. Your unique sample information can be printed directly from LTM™ onto standard labels found at any office supply store.
How should I organize my samples for serology or PCR?
Ideally, up to 20 samples should be grouped (either in cryo boxes with tube separators or zip-top bags). This organization allows you to verify the number of tubes matches the order form. Furthermore, it allows for expedited pre-processing upon receipt. Complete the online sample shipping materials request form to receive materials.
I use your serology reagents and would like to confirm my results. How do I do this?
By purchasing our serology reagents, we provide free confirmatory testing using MFIA® serology for inconclusive serology results. Create an order using LTM™ and submit the sample(s) with a copy of your results findings. It will allow us to confirm the findings and better troubleshoot the specific serology assay.
I am submitting a serum sample for clinical chemistry, but I have less than the required 300 µL. What should I do?
If you have less than the required sample volume, we may not be able to run all of the assays in the clinical chemistry panel. When you create your order, prioritize the assays by typing instructions for the testing
Can you help me to develop a health surveillance program for my research animal colonies?
Our veterinary and scientific staff members will work with you to learn about your facility and your needs in order to design a customized program. Request a quote for more information.
Do you offer any tests that are not listed in your catalog? Do you make custom assays?
We often have assays in the research and development phase that are not yet commercially available. We also have an extensive portfolio of off-the-shelf clinical chemistries and biomarker immunoassays, many of which may not be listed in our catalog.
We can also customize an assay to suit your needs in multiple areas (i.e., infectious agents, biomarkers, genetic testing). Request a quote or contact us for more information.
I would like to outsource some biomarker testing to you – what information do you need from me?
We develop custom assays and qualify off-the-shelf kits. Also, we can tech transfer your assays to our testing laboratory and perform the appropriate bridging studies. Using our online request a quote form or via telephone/email, please provide a list of the assay(s) you need, the species, matrix, number of samples, your timeline, and the number of submissions.