RNAi-mediated Gene Silencing
Charles River offers potent, inducible, and reversible RNAi-mediated gene silencing for your gene of interest in mouse models. Our state-of-the-art microinjection services transform custom ES cells into your in vivo research model in about 12 weeks.
Benefits of RNAi Technology
RNAi-mediated gene silencing puts the power of complex genetic modifications within reach more quickly and efficiently than traditional knockout technologies or intercross methods.
- Gene suppression that is inducible and reversible allows essential function and embryonic lethal genes to be manipulated in vivo
- Suppressing gene function better mimics the activity of small molecule agonists compared to knocking out the gene
- Ability to control the timing and duration of the gene suppression
- Increased flexibility in experimental design
Timeline for RNAi Production Method
Estimated timeline: 6 – 7.5 months
- 0-month mark ►Project initiation
- 3-month mark ►Generation of potent shRNAs
- 5-month mark ►Generation and validation of target RNAi ES cell lines
- 6-month mark ►Generation of ES cell-derived RNAi mice