RNAi-mediated Gene Silencing
Charles River offers potent, inducible, and reversible RNAi-mediated gene silencing for your gene of interest in mouse models. Our state-of-the-art microinjection services transform custom ES cells into your in vivo research model in about 12 weeks.
Advantages of RNAi Technology
RNAi-mediated gene silencing puts the power of complex genetic modifications within reach more quickly and efficiently than traditional knockout technologies or intercross methods.
- Inducible and reversible nature of gene suppression allows essential function or embryonic lethal genes to be manipulated in vivo.
- Suppressing gene function better mimics the activity of small-molecule agonists compared to knocking out the gene.
- Controlling the timing and duration of gene suppression allows increased flexibility in experimental design.
Timeline for RNAi Production Method
Estimated time: 24-30 weeks
- Project initiation
- Three-month mark: Generation of potent shRNAs
- Five-month mark: Generation and validation of target RNAi ES cell lines
- Six-month mark: Generation of ES cell-derived RNAi mice
Please note: This service is available through North America only.