Cardiovascular Surgical Procedures
Charles River offers cardiovascular surgical procedures in rat models from our AAALAC-accredited production facilities. Our surgical procedures are developed in-house and subject to approval by our ethics committee. The procedures are performed by trained surgical technicians under the supervision of veterinary staff, with regular quality control checks.
- Abdominal Aortic Banding – Hypertension Model
- Carotid Artery Embolectomy – Atherosclerosis Model of Endothelial Injury
- Left Coronary Artery Ligation
- Portal Caval Shunt
- Thoracic Aortic Banding – Transverse Aorta
- Thoracic Aortic Banding – Ascending Aorta