Isolator Units for Rodent & Avian Housing
As the scientific need increases for special environmental housing conditions to support animal research with immunocompromised and germ-free models as well as gnotobiotic, microbiome, and microbial studies, Charles River has been designing housing equipment with these necessities in mind for more than 50 years. Today, our engineering department develops isolators and devises customer-specific solutions when needed. Each product addresses personal safety, animal welfare, and respect for the environment as primary objectives.
Our custom fabricated isolators are secure, durable, and easy to set up in any conditioned environment. Available isolators include:*
- 3', 6', and 8' semi-rigid isolators
- 3' and 6' flexible film isolators
- 3', 6', and 8' germ-free rodent isolators
- 4' semi-rigid poultry isolator
Typical uses for isolators include:
- Animal quarantine
- Housing and production of immunodeficient, germ-free, transgenic, axenic, and defined flora rodents and gnotobiotic animals
- Maintenance of foundation colonies of genetically engineered animals
Isolators also provide a cost-effective method of biocontainment or bioexclusion for critical research studies. Our isolators can be connected together and used as a procedure isolator.
Also available is the autoclavable cylinder (24.5" L x 16" H x 12" W). This special cylinder is used in combination with the isolators for germ-free production. The cylinder allows for materials used in the isolator to be autoclaved before entering the environment.
* Note: Isolator sales are currently available in North America only.