Creating PBMC Humanized Mouse Models
The use of humanized mice has developed into a novel platform to evaluate therapeutics that could eventually be used in the treatment of various diseases, such as oncology and infectious disease. Humanized mouse models serve as a surrogate for human clinical trials, allowing for assessment of human cellular immune function. Peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) are of particular interest when humanizing mice.
These are adult immune cells that quickly engraft immunodeficient mice. Within 7–10 days, the majority of mature human immune cells present are of human T-cell origin (CD4+ and CD8+) and are ideal for short term studies assessing T cell modulation.
Charles River and HemaCare (a Charles River company), a leading global provider of biological blood products and services with more than 40 years, have teamed up to offer our NCG/PBMC Select Humanization Kit*, which allows your to create PBMC humanized mouse models when you need them.
* Available for North American customers only; ordering cells requires a corresponding order for NCG mice.
Give Your Study a Human(ized) Touch
Learn how using humanized NCG mouse models can improve the effectiveness of your immuno-oncology studies.
Why Use PBMC Humanized Mice?
|Study-ready||Peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) have been pre-qualified to engraft with high efficiency rates, allowing for optimization of tumor growth rate while minimizing graft-versus-host disease (GvHD) responses.|
|Donor selection||The ability to choose from pre-qualified donors that engraft rapidly and consistently allows for flexibility to evaluate efficacy of various therapeutics with regards to T cell modulation within your model system.|
|Efficienct||PBMCs have been pre-screened for rapid, efficient engraftment rates, eliminating the time associated with donor qualification studies; therefore, you can quickly ascertain results in a cost-effective manner.|
|Flexible||The NCG mouse model can be humanized according to study timelines.|
|Trusted source||This kit is the product of a partnership between industry leaders with 100 years of combined experience in providing high-quality research animal models and human biologics to the research industry.|
Pricing and Ordering
Ordering – General Information
Orders for the NCG/PBMC Select Humanization Kit can be placed directly with Charles River at 1-800-LABRATS (1-800-522-7287).
Each kit order contains two parts: an order for NCG mice and another for enough PBMCs to engraft the NCG mice at the recommended dose (amount of cells). As institutions may have different purchasing procedures, we are providing the steps below to assist you in the ordering process and ensure timely delivery of both kit components.
How to Contact Us
If your organization has a centralized purchasing contact for both kit components (animals and cells:
- Contact Charles River by phone or email. Please indicate that you are ordering the NCG/PBMC Select Humanization Kit on the phone or in the email subject line.
- Provide NCG mouse specifications for 10 mice (age or weight and sex).
- Provide the shipping date and shipping address for the NCG mice.
- Fill out the PBMCs order form, including signature, ship date, and shipping address, and return to [email protected].
- Once both are received by Customer Service, we will provide an order confirmation with shipping dates and final pricing.
If your organization has a centralized animal purchasing contact, but cell kit components need to be purchased by a separate purchasing contact:
- Place your animal order with your internal animal procurement group. Orders must be for 10 NCG mice.
- Once you receive your Charles River order confirmation number from your centralized animal procurement group, then you can place your order for the PBMCs with Charles River.
- Please fill out the PBMCs order form, including signature, ship date, and shipping address, and return to [email protected].
- Your order must include your Charles River animal confirmation number along with your Charles River account number. Your laboratory animal resources procurement group should be able to provide you with these numbers.
- Once the PBMCs order form is received by Customer Service, we will provide an order confirmation with shipping dates and final pricing.