Charles River offers a complete range of clinical pathology laboratory services to support animal models, discovery, preclinical studies and/or clinical trials. Our clinical pathology laboratory staff has extensive knowledge of animal and human hematology, coagulation, clinical biochemistry and urinalysis. In addition, specialized pathology laboratory services are available to meet your assay or biomarker development needs for specific research requirements or drug safety studies.
Our staff, which includes pathologists certified by the American College of Veterinary Pathologists and the European College of Veterinary Clinical Pathology, has expertise across the spectrum of major therapeutic areas and routinely assesses and interprets data from regulatory and investigative/research studies. With nine state-of-the-art clinical pathology labs, we can support all stages of human and veterinary drug development. We conduct research in accordance with the current standards of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) or Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
- Hematology and coagulation
- Clinical biochemistry (including microsampling)
- Bone marrow and bronchoalveolar evaluation
- Blood gas
- Platelet function
- Cytology (CSF, BAL, etc.)
- Hemolytic studies
- Assay/Method development and validation
- Broad experience in regulatory assessment and interpretation of clinical pathology data from regulatory and investigative/research studies
- Clinical pathology report preparation
- Scientific cross-linking and integrated reports
- Bridging of clinical medicine, laboratory medicine and basic sciences
- Contribution to study design, special investigations, health authorities’ questions and regulatory documents (e.g., expert reports, IBs, CTDs)