Our state-of-the-art facilities house image analysis systems that perform all of the standard and user-defined static and dynamic measurements for bone. The dynamic measurements can be completed with or without fluorochrome labels. For stereological analysis, we offer a full range of services for discovery and GLP-compliant studies from conception and design through to data analysis.
Our facilities provide a wide range of image analysis techniques for other tissues. Whole-slide scanning with online slide viewing capabilities is available, as are whole-slide morphometric analysis and stereological analysis on slides scanned using GLP-validated Visiopharm® software.
Each system is operated by highly trained technical staff supervised by pathologists board certified by the American College of Veterinary Pathologists, Royal College of Pathologists and European College of Veterinary Clinical Pathology.
Image Analysis Expertise
- Small intestine villus length, crypt depth, and villus/crypt ratios
- Image analysis of immunohistochemically or histochemically stained slides, including number of labeled cells, area of positive staining, and tissue composition analysis
- Determination of cell proliferation index (Ki67, BrdU, PCNA) or apoptotic index (caspase-3, TUNEL)
- Diameter of stented blood vessels
- Extent of infarcts in the heart
- Capillary angiogenesis in cutaneous wound defects, including microvascular density quantification
- Goblet cell number in the respiratory tract
- Adult and juvenile rat cerebellar and cerebral measurements
- Axon and nerve fiber changes in peripheral nerves
- Skeletal muscle characterization
- Pulmonary fibrosis assessment
- Thyroid gland epithelial height and colloid area for endocrine disruptor assessment
We are ready to help you with a wide range of measurements, including cell counts, cell or tissue volumes, and length and surface area determination for all tissue sizes from any species.
- Analysis directly on scanned slides using Visiopharm®, GLP-validated software
- Plastic and frozen sectioning capability
- Systematic uniform random sampling and analysis of tissues of any size from all species
- Counting objects using physical or optical dissectors
- Estimation of volume for tissues, tissue compartments, or cells
- Estimation of surface area and length