This presentation will provide insight into the drug discovery process within the pharmaceutical and biotech environments with a focus on the importance of target engagement biomarkers and the role they can play from a translational efficacy and side effect liability perspective. An integrated project case study will provide context as well as illustrate how Charles River’s multidisciplinary project teams transition projects for their partners seamlessly through discovery into GLP safety and toxicology studies.
Topics covered will include:
- An overview of the drug discovery process
- The impact of target biomarkers on species selection
- How discovery transitions to development
- A case study on selective GR modulators
- John Montana, PhD, BSc, Executive Director, Integrated Drug Discovery, Charles River
- Peter Gaskin, PhD, Associate Director, Program Management, Charles River