3 Days, 30+ Speakers
This live forum provides the ideal setting for laboratory animal science professionals looking to achieve professional growth, nurture their networks, and expand their knowledge base. We are delighted to pre-announce the 2020 Short Course. You won't want to miss it.
Dates: June 22 - 24, 2020
Location: Cape Rey Hilton Resort, 1 Ponto Road, Carlsbad, CA
Pre-Register Today to Receive Notifications
By pre-registering now for the 2020 Short Course on Laboratory Animal Science, you will be one of the first to receive notification — including agenda — when full registration becomes available.
I’ve been attending the Short Course for several years now. Each year, I come away with new facts and new approaches to working with the challenges we face in laboratory animal science and medicine. I particularly value the interaction with the speakers and the other attendees; this networking is one of the highlights.
— Cynthia Pekow, DVM, Chief, Veterinary Medical Unit, VA, Puget Sound Health Care System
It's a golden opportunity for networking! I have learned so much during these 4 days and the Short Course has given me insights on how to take better care of the animals. I also found the facility and staff management topics very useful, as speakers relate it in the animal lab setting.
— Hazel Chung, Assistant Technical Director, The University of Hong Kong
I would recommend the short course for all levels of professionals; there were opportunities of interest for everyone. The variety of professionals brought together in one place is amazing!
— Chris Hart, Animal Facility Manager, UMass Amherst
- Innovations in Humanized Mouse Models
- Harmonization of a Global Animal Welfare and Veterinary Program
- Colony Maintenance and Breeding of Genetically Modified Animals
- Swab, Swab, and Away! Transitioning from Sentinels to Environmental Sampling
- After the Surgery: Postoperative Analgesics and Monitoring
- Patient Advocacy: A Rare Disease Journey
- Innovations in Biological Treatments
- Non-Traditional Models
- What's New in the Industry