Endocrine Disruptor Testing Services
Charles River scientists participated in the OECD-led international validation of the uterotrophic assay, as well as validation of the male and female pubertal assays, the aromatase assay, and testing packages on many chemicals identified in the EPA’s first round of test orders.
Evaluating the Endocrine Disrupting Potential of
Your Active Substance
Dr. Ira Koval shares insights that will help you navigate the challenges in the assessment of endocrine disruptor properties. Watch Now
In addition our full portfolio of GLP endocrine disruptor assays listed below, the same studies may be run as non-GLP rapid-screening alternatives.
Assays for endocrine disruption as proposed by EPA and OECD:
- Estrogen receptor (ER) binding – rat uterine cytosol (OPPTS 890.1250)
- Estrogen receptor (hERa) binding – human recombinant (OECD 493)
- Estrogen receptor – (hERα) transcriptional activation – human cell line (HeLa-9903) (OPPTS 890.1300, OECD 455)
- Androgen receptor (AR) binding – rat prostate cytosol (OPPTS 890.1150)
- Androgen receptor (AR) – transcriptional activation – CHO-K1 cell line (AR-EcoScreen™) (OECD 458)
- Steroidogenesis – human cell line (H295R) (OPPTS 890.1550, OECD 456)
- Aromatase (human recombinant) assay (OPPTS 890.1200)
- Uterotrophic assay (rat) (OPPTS 890.1600, OECD 440)
- Hershberger (rat) (OPPTS 890.1400, OECD 441)
- Pubertal female (rat) (OPPTS 890.1450)
- Pubertal male (rat) (OPPTS 890.1500)
- Amphibian metamorphosis (frog) (OPPTS 890.1100, OECD 231)
- Fish short-term reproduction (OPPTS 890.1350, OECD 229)
What is the endocrine disruptor screening program (EDSP)?
The endocrine disruptor screening program (or EDSP) is used to screen pesticides, chemicals and other environmental contaminants for their potential to impact the androgen, estrogen and thyroid hormone systems.
What tests are required for the epa endocrine disruptor screening program (EDSP)?
The endocrine disruptor screening program (ESDP) utilizes a range of in vitro and in vivo studies to determine adverse effects, dose-response as well as assess and manage risk. Initial assays are outlined in the EPAs Tier 1 Screening Battery.