Formulation development services range from preformulation investigations to analytical method development and validation. Charles River prepares formulations based on our extensive knowledge of vehicle suitability in animal models. Formulation types include oral, parenteral, inhalation and radiolabeled. Bulk test articles are analyzed to determine identity, purity and stability to support GLP preclinical studies.
Adhering to strict regulatory guidelines, dedicated staff within several facilities control test article receipt, storage, distribution, use and disposition with a barcode system designed for identifying and monitoring materials.
- pH solubility profiling assessments
- Dose suitability
- Bioavailability enhancement
- High performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)
- Ultra-high performance liquid chromatography (UPLC)
- Gas chromatography (GC)
- Liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry
(LC-MS and LC-MS/MS)
- Atomic absorption spectroscopy (AAS)
- UV/Vis spectroscopy
- Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy
- Capillary electrophoresis (CE)
- Karl Fischer titration
- Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP-OES, ICP-MS)