Classical rodent models for Parkinson’s disease, such as 6-OHDA or MPTP lesioning, are standard working tools that offer mechanistic support for therapeutic testing. Charles River has extended these tools further by providing a comprehensive and more readily translatable modeling platform of chemically and biologically induced and genetic models.
Animal Models of Parkinson's Disease
- 6-OHDA Unilateral Intrastriatal Lesion Model
- 6-OHDA Medial Forebrain Bundle Model
- MPTP Lesion Model in Mice
- A53T Alpha-Synuclein Transgenic Mouse Model
- AAV - Human A53T Transfection Rat Model