With a wide-range of experience, expertise, and sophisticated capabilities, Charles River supports these programs with intermittent and continuous infusion models for both rodent and nonrodent species. Our vast infusion experience and cutting-edge infusion technology ensure high quality, cost-effective solutions to our clients’ complex and challenging study designs. Collaboration with experts across divisions within Charles River enables us to conduct infusion toxicology studies with integrated endpoints, seamlessly, resulting in comprehensive and robust solutions to our clients’ infusion needs. We continue to expand our capabilities for specialized routes of administration to best support the conduct of toxicology and safety pharmacology studies that adhere to global regulatory requirements including ICH-compliant reproductive and juvenile toxicology studies that often require these specialized techniques.
Check out our poster presentations from the Society of Toxicology's 2018 annual meeting.
INFUSION STUDY TYPES
- Intravenous as well as subcutaneous infusion studies using external or, if required, implantable programmable micro-infusion pumps
- Use of target tissue dosing (including cerebrospinal deliveries into the intrathecal, epidural or cerebral spaces) in routine laboratory species
- Infusion into tumor-bearing animals for efficacy studies, dosing and sampling via dual vascular catheterization and peritoneal fluid exchanges
- Cardiovascular monitoring by radiotelemetry
- Cardiac biomarker profiling
- Neurological assessments
- Reproductive assessments
- Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) sampling
- Vitreous and ocular tissue sampling
- Terminal whole-body perfusion
- Specialized histopathology techniques